Do not file any forms directly with the VA. Find a "VA Accredited Claims Agent" - if something goes wrong the VA Accredited Claims Agent can help you.
Veterans who file without a VA Accredited Claims Agent average thousands of dollars less per year than Veterans that have a VA Accredited Claims Agent.
We know the VA Accredited Claims Agents that have the best service in Illinois. Call us before you file.
Need to speak to a financial consultant?
Please call Jim at 630-399-3224.
This is a free service offered by Paradise Park Assisted Living and Memory Care. Jim can introduce you to the nearest VA Accredited Claims Agent to where you live.
Please note that the VA Accredited Claims Agent's services are also free of charge.
- Veteran, spouse or widow/er served during wartime, including those who served state side.
- Served at least 90 days of active service with one of those days being during wartime. Eligible dates are :4/21/1898-7/15/1903, 5/9/1916-11/11/1918, 12/07/1941-12/31/1946, 6/27/1950-1/31/1955, 8/5/1964-5/7/1975, 8/20/1990-present
- Received an honorable discharge- need to provide a copy of the Discharge Papers with the application
- The spouse must not have divorced the veteran.
- If the veteran has died and the widow remarries, there are some situations where they would still qualify.
- Must need some assistance with at least two activities of daily living such as bathing, meal preparation etc. This assistance does not mean that they require complete physical assistance - activities such as cuing with dressing, reminders to bathe, med monitoring, and needs supervision would qualify.
- Applicants must be receiving the assistance or have a doctor’s order before they can apply.
- Benefits are retroactive to the application month date.
There are some financial qualifications for those applying. HOWEVER, it is based on an adjusted income NOT the gross income. To figure the adjusted income, medical expenses, insurance premiums, meds, and even the cost of the community where they are residing is taken into consideration. Assets not included (exempt) are the applicant’s home, pensions, small life ins. policies, prepaid funeral expenses, and annuities in payout status. There is no look back period at this current time. This is where the VA accredited Clams Agent will be of assistance. These Agents are very well versed in what is and isn't allowed for income qualification purposes.